Sunday, November 15, 2020

Jillian O, - Health



Gratitude Day 15: a life lesson. In October 2018, I noticed that I wasn’t doing great. I was struggling, but convinced myself that I could handle it. A year later, October 2019, this first picture was taken. I look a mess and to be honest I was a mess a year ago. I had an undiagnosed mental health disorder, physical symptoms that showed up because of it that caused interruptions in my daily life, living on 2-4 hours of sleep a night for most my life, and not wanting to be around my family because I couldn’t stand the noise. I had anxiety attacks on the regular and knew that I couldn’t keep living like this. So, on my birthday in January, I took myself to the doctor and asked for help. The 2nd picture is me in October 2020. Please know, I am still a mess, but a mess that now has help. I couldn’t imagine going through 2020 without it. And for those struggling, it’s okay to ask for help, it doesn’t make you weak or less than. This is something that I continue to learn. And thank you to  those who have encouraged me to take that step.

No comments:

Prayers from Children