Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Rachel J. - Health / Pain

I can not seem to catch a break. If you have been seeing my post, you know that I am struggling with pain and many other physical issues. After my last post I needed to go to the ER that night. The pain was so unbearable even for me. The ER doc thinks I have a bulging disc in my lower back near the failing discs. A little relief from medicine and a few hours of sleep later that morning, I was managing. Last night one of my dogs caused me to fall into a wooden counter. My back snapped causing an instant migraine, my knees buckled slamming into the ground, and my wrists and hands slammed into the counter.  I missed the counter by an inch with face.  I wasn’t sure I hadn’t hit my face because the instant headache made my left eye feeling like it had been hit and it felt like it was about to explode.  In addition to the previous pain I already had been experiencing before the fall, I also had swelling in my legs and new unexplained bruising.  Despite all this and not sleeping again due to pain I had let myself have hope for today.  I was driving the 2 1/2 to 3 hours from camp (as our quarters are still not ready) back to Bend to see a new Rheumatologist that had been scheduled before moves came out in may (yes, it was that long before she had new patient appointments).  I arrived, met with her, and instead of any kind of plan she has passed me off to someone else.  So no test to see what my system is currently doing, no new meds, no suggested treatments, instead a referral and another wait. I am so tired of waiting as I only get worse and I get no relief.  This is why I am pretty sure that these Dr.s have not experienced or understand how bad it is, because if they did there may be some urgency and someone fighting to make it better. I say this because I also saw a Neurosurgeon recently with similar results.  No matter why I have been passed on to someone else I often hear from doctors that they don’t know what else I should do as I wait.  I am so exhausted mentally and physically.  I have tried anything over the counter stuff I can, I am am trying and have tried homeopathic meds and suggested things.  Because of our current living situation I am also having to go alone to see these last 2 doctors and have no one to fight for me (Mike has had no option to be able to be there.  I know he would if he could). I try to speak up for myself, but only hear the I don’t know.  And now here I sit in a parking lot in pain, so exhausted mentally, so tired physically 😴, alone, waiting for another referral, upset and losing hope.  I know this post is long but maybe you can pray for something specifically.  I don’t want to have to live at the ER but I am running out of options...

No comments:

Prayers from Children