Friday, October 16, 2015

Susan M. - fb

What's on my mind?  Sadness.  Today was a horrible, gut-wrenching reminder of the toll that can take place on someone when they let life get to them.  I KNOW there is much more to it, as I deal with it for my clients on a daily basis.  But, heart-breakingly, a colleague completed suicide last night.  

No job is worth my mental health, my heart & soul's condition.  I had a few people ask me today how I do NOT let work get to me, as I work in one of the highest at-risk-for-suicide jobs there is, especially within the assignment I am in.

First and foremost, I build my foundation on One whose peace resides within me no matter what is going around me on the outside.  Many a time I do not always tap into His peace, but when I do, what happens on the outside has little impact.  2- I am thankful for my family & friends who constantly help me see outside of the situation.  3- I base my life on more than work.  I- capital I- nor you- are what you do.  Our jobs, titles, do not define WHO we are, our essence, or our value.  

My heart is heavy for my colleague & his family.  It is equally heavy for those who feel so depressed & heartbroken that they choose this route.  

If any one of you ever starts to go down this road, please, oh please, call me. YOUR life means so much to me!

No comments:

Prayers from Children