Thursday, July 22, 2021

Franklin G. - Bobby Bowden



Legendary Florida State University college football coach Bobby Bowden and his wife Ann announced yesterday that he has been diagnosed with a terminal medical condition. He said, “I’ve always tried to serve God’s purpose for my life, on and off the field, and I am prepared for what is to come.” Coach Bowden finished his career with 377 wins over 44 years of coaching. More importantly, he knows about winning off the field. He’s been very vocal about his Christian faith and the impact he wanted to have on those who played for him. He has taken players to church, read the Bible with them, prayed with them, and much more. When asked about his coaching philosophy, he once said, “When I put everything in God’s hands, I don’t have to worry about anything. I don’t have to worry about winning ball games. I want to. I want to win as much as anybody does, but I don’t have to worry about this. I know that when I die, I live eternally with my God, so the pressure’s off!” What a powerful testimony. Join me in praying for Coach Bowden and his family.

No comments:

Prayers from Children