Monday, March 1, 2021

Kimberly B. - Dad's Health (Bill D.)



After a roller coaster of treatments ending and possible treatments starting, we discovered that my dad’s cancer started to rapidly grow in February. It was devastating and we are filled with so much grief. We knew this was a long uphill battle but our father was up for the challenge. As with many things in life though, no one in this situation had control over how the cancer would respond to treatment.

This weekend he started care under hospice as we prepare for him to leave this life. In these times I am more grateful than ever my dad chose my Mom as a wife. She is strong and courageous. I will never in my life forget the gentle kind way she cared for my dad in the time. Another blessing is their choice to have so many kids plus our awesome spouses! We have shared more laughs and tears over this time that he sustained us with strength to continue to carry on. Our extended family has been a firm foundation of support to us as well. Through neighbors and the wonderful Northwest divisional staff we will continue to be well fed.

Please keep our family in your prayers as we care for my dad and mom.

To those who have written letters about the wonderful ministry my parents shared together, thank you. Your funny stories, touching moments and words of encouragement have been a joy to read together and we will cherish them forever. If you are not part of the Army and would like to write a letter to my mom or us kids please email Joey at josephm.dickinson@gmail.com

No comments:

Prayers from Children