Friday, June 12, 2020

Silvia S. - Cascade Division prayers

Good Evening friends,

 

I hope you all had a wonderful day and were able to find some time to seek God. Tonight I will be sharing a FB post from Major DeWayne Halstad from Pendleton Corps and also a praise report from our “Operation Share Hope”:

 

Here is what Major Halstad says:

 

“I was handing out a lunch to a homeless lady standing on the corner next to Safeway today and I hear someone yell "Hey! Salvation Army! Thank you for taking care of people!" I gave him the thumbs up :) That was very nice for someone to want to make sure we are appreciated for the little things we do. :)”

 

And below you will see another praise from Lisa Cole:

 

God provided opportunity to share hope with a lovely young woman who was struggling to the point of despair.

 

Listen to her words,

 

“I’ve been struggling with the Covid-19. I lost my job. I don’t know where to go from here. I was thinking about suicide many times and I watch the news and they said The Salvation Army give free food and $20 bucks. I go pick it up and the lovely Dalida help pray for me every time that I’m there. I got my job back. Makes my life change, all my family and my friends, also my neighbor. We really appreciate all your gifts and your help. You guys have a big heart and save my life. Super halo. We love you. God bless stay safe. Thanks so lot!!!”

 

Those testimonies are great reminders that we do much more than a food distribution. These are life altering moments of grace. Every one of you are a part of this work of grace in the lives of the people we serve. As a team we work togheter to be His Hands, His feet and His heart to a world that does not know where to turn. We get to shine His light in the darkness to bring hope to those in despair.(Lisa Cole)

 

Let’s pray:

 

Dear Heavenly Father, we want to praise you and worship you. We are thankful for the opportunities that we have to serve our communities in a different ways. We a grateful for your people. Thank you, Dalida, for being a faithful prayer partner to seek His face with our community. Thank you Majors Halstad, for your ministry in Pendleton. We pray for blessings upon their lives. May they fell your love and care.

 

We also want to lift up all our officers, employees and volunteers. Father we couldn’t do it without each one of them. We are grateful for them and we truly appreciated their help. We pray for blessings upon their lives. Father be with them, provide their needs. Thank you, Lord, for allowing us to be vessels for Your honor. In Jesus name we pray,

 

Amen!

No comments:

Prayers from Children