Friday, May 3, 2019

KB H. - Last Moments with Mom

Update:

"Dialysis had been tried twice and it was unsuccessful both times. The infection has made it to the bloodstream and this blood was telling the doctors that doing dialysis is not possible. She cannot get an MRI to see if there is any brain damage from the seizures or to see if there is any infection in or around her brain because she has a pacemaker. The next thought was to try to do a CT scan with contrast and that was quickly ruled out because the contrast would got straight to her already failing kidneys. The doctor said basically that my mom’s blood has become infected and now her body is slowly becoming a poison unto itself.
My mom is an amazing woman and has a heart of gold. She would give anyone the opportunity to be a part of her life and they were apart of hers.
So we have now removed all of the life support systems and she is on what is called comfort care. This is where they make Her comfortable and she will slowly pass away. I get to have the honor and privilege to be with my mom as she is ushered into the presence of Jesus in the Throne Room of Heaven. I love you momma. Please continue to pray for my momma and my family as we learn how to navigate this."

No comments:

Prayers from Children