Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Donnie R. - Health and Healing

Hi Facebook family and happy new year. I’ve been a little shy with posting on Facebook lately but wanted to update you on a pretty major matter in the Rasmussen4 household… in the second half of 2021 I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer in my lower intestine. I went through chemo, radiation, and just yesterday got home from the hospital after a 6 hour surgery to remove the cancer last Tuesday. I will undergo more chemo in February and then another surgery around April or May, and then we should be through this valley of shadows the Lord has walked with my family and me through. 

So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers and love during this time. God has shown Himself so loving, present and faithful through you. While there have been moments of fear and frustration, God’s peace and provision have overcome anything the enemy has tried to throw at us. God Is Still Good!

I’ll update again a little later in the year as this leg of the journey comes to an end and we can celebrate the healing He’s orchestrated!

Please know that you are loved by me, and I cherish the friendship God has given us. Near or far, close friends or just acquaintances, YOU MATTER TO ME and I am thankful for YOU!

God Bless Your Socks Off!
Donnie :-)

No comments:

Prayers from Children