Monday, November 9, 2015

John M. - father - fb

I normally don't post anything on facebook, but this posting is important.  One of my best friends passed away on Sunday; my father.  He was 82.  As I was growing up he was my mentor, best friend and father.  Those attributes remained until this past Sunday when his heart stopped.
During my teenage years when fathers and son's were supposed to have a generation gap and it was the popular thing to do, there wasn't one.  Don't get me wrong, we fought from time to time, disagreed often, but thinking back, he was usually right.  Now as I'm older and maybe a little wiser, he was always right.
He helped me get into the same industry that he worked and serviced.  After 35 years, I'm glad he did.  He was provided very well for his family.  I too have been blessed in this industry and have done the same.  To his end, it was always a conversation piece and he was always interested in how I was doing.  This industry was a focal point even when there wasn't much to discuss.  Looking back he was a great father and dad.  He will be missed a lot!!!

No comments:

Prayers from Children