Thursday, March 10, 2016

Sam F. - Home Coming in Glory

Please pray for Sam's family during this difficult time of lose. Sam went to be with our Lord on Tues 3/8 in the afternoon. Sam was a wonderful godly man who served many roles, including Pastoring, on the island of Yap. I grew up knowing Sam. He was the first one who shared with me about the importance of reading the Bible. I remembered him having family devotional during our breakfast at his home. This was not a typical devotional where we read a page out of a devotional book; it was a mini Bible study where he read and taught. He wanted us to know the Lord and His Word. I have many memories of him: going fishing (both line and spear fishing), test Lubuw and I on our multiplication table, building an extension of his home, going to Evangelical church in Yap, riding in his jeep, visiting Lubuw and I in Guam, and much much more. Infused in all of these experiences was his jokes and contagious laughter. Sam, you will always be in our hearts, and we will miss you. May God comfort your family and friends during this difficult time. We'll see you later in Glory! 

No comments:

Prayers from Children