Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Will S. - Health/Recovery

Jus wanted to keep family updatedddd
This past week I had felt a sudden sharp, squeezing pain in my lower left abdomen after eating and while watching TV. 
I had tried to just sleep it off and let it figure itself out. Was awoken next morning with the same sharp pain only stronger, again just trying to brush it off. 
Eventually I had to go downstairs and start my day, finally thought it had passed and was doing okay and right when I truly thought it was over, there it went again at its strongest and had felt as if I had just gotten stabbed by a knife from my stomach through my back. 
I felt nauseous, weak, I started sweating profusely, skin was cold clammy. Couldn’t support my weight, was crouching in the toilet. 
Finally decided that this wasn’t something I wasn’t going to be able to fix on my own. 
Went to the ER
Waited 7 hours, had to do an abdominal CT with contrast along with an abdominal and vaginal ultrasound
Couldn’t find my ovaries, but saw dilated arteries in my CT
I had really thought they were going to turn me away and tell me nothings wrong (that’s what I’m usually told for every other issue I’ve needed to go to the ER for)
Had to redo all the ultrasound exams yet again
Still couldn’t find my ovaries 🙃
OBGYN decided we needed to go in to really see what’s going on 
To my luck..
They had found a cyst hidden behind my ovary that had ruptured, bleeding out into what was still my reproductive organs where blood shouldn’t be
along with extra tissue growth, lesions, and what the doctor called gunpowder splotches that confirmed that I live with endometriosis. 
The doctor thankfully confirmed to me that this is nothing I could’ve caused but that they were able to remove the leftover cyst and blood with harming my organs whatsoever. 
In regards to my fertility, the physicalities of everything according to the surgeon looks well but won’t know more until I’m actually working on trying to have a baby.
Unfortunately upon doing research on endometriosis when coming home, I now have one of the top 10 most painful diseases in the world.. but for some reason isn’t seen as a disability 
pain and growth varies depending on person, symptoms can include more than average menstruation pain to bodily issues like sciatica and learned that Endo doesn’t just subject itself to the uterus but throughout all organs in the body. 
It’s endometriosis awareness month and now personally having this condition, it’s part of my duty to help spread awareness. Endos not as small as I had even originally thought when I had come home from the hospital. I was always frequently testing my health every year and had never had issues of finding anything and even got called by my doctors office about how healthy my blood results were while I was waiting in the ER. Endometriosis can unfortunately only be fully confirmed by surgery and physically looking inside as it does not show up on any scans and takes an average of 7-10 years to be diagnosed with. 
I’m just grateful to know that all my times constantly in the hospital growing up wasn’t just in my head and all the overly painful periods of not being able to get out of bed wasn’t just me being weak or lazy. I had wondered why I was always feeling random sharp pains everywhere and then would go away and wasn’t consistent enough to prove itself a problem or my recent issue of my back and hip pain that felt like I had gotten stabbed and felt like my legs were being cut off. 
I encourage everyone to educate themselves on endometriosis and watch your body closely.
#endometriosisawareness #endometriosis

No comments:

Prayers from Children