Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Roof collapse - 11 dead

A church roof collapsed in northeast Mexico, leaving eight adults and three children dead, officials said. The deceased were all members of the same family who were attending a 1-year-old’s baptism.

Some 300 people had been in the sanctuary for Mass at a Santa Cruz church in Ciudad Madero on Sunday, moments before the roof collapsed, leaving 100 people injured and dozens trapped. By Monday evening, authorities had cleared the site and revealed the number of deceased, saying no other victims were found.

Monica Segura, who was standing near the church when its roof fell Sunday, said the collapse "happened in a matter of seconds" when a "beam fell and immediately the roof fell."

"I was trapped," Segura said. "I had my other (2-year-old) baby in my arms. Someone helped me get the baby out and I was able to get out a window and then we returned to look for my other girl. She was trapped in the rubble." She said her 1-year-old nephew suffered a broken arm.

Source: Foxnews

No comments:

Prayers from Children