Sunday, March 18, 2018

Jonathan M. - Self

"I had a pretty hard morning. But I'm just gonna sit here and pray a little while and then I'll get up and do something. I slept in too late so I did not make in town to my appointment.  No big deal. I just seem to get upset and disappointed about things quickly and easily these days. 

Wanted to share something that is positive about myself.

I've been realizing since I had to go on sickleave and then retire early that I do have a very caring heart and I care about people everywhere I go. I'm not a counselor I'm not a doctor and now I'm not even to Pastor anymore although I'll always kind of be a pastor, but one thing I'm learning that really big because I've got to stop trying to, "fix things" for people"

But I have got to start listening better and just letting know that I'm hearing them and what they're saying is, "resonating with me" I'm starting to realize this helps people so much just to have somebody to hear them when you're hurting when they're scared, when you're just needing another human being to care and listen 👂

So pray for me that I will continue to find good things to do as a volunteer to just listen and care about people wherever I am. Please pray for more self-discipline for me as I learn to stop checking on everybody in the congregation where I was pastoring here at the Hot Springs Salvation Army.

Pray that I will continue to move out into new life for myself. and bring others into that new life with me. 

Challenging you all today to not be too busy to be human. Care about your family and friends and those that God puts in your path."

No comments:

Prayers from Children