Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Heather M. - baby / health

Marquis Family Update

Hi, all!  I love, love, love all the family and friends we have engaged in our lives.  We are very blessed to have so many people praying for us.  We have been getting a lot of questions and I wanted to take the time to provide an update.  I’ll try to keep it short and sweet.  Here we go:

•   We are excited to announce that we will be having a baby boy.  We have picked the name Brady Michael.

•   Brady is doing very well.  He is a healthy, active little guy.  He is measuring at about the 65th percentile and the doctor says he’s big in all the “right ways” (big head, long arms and legs).  Please pray that he continues to be healthy as he grows and develops over the last couple months.

•   We have a single umbilical artery, but it is isolated (no other impacts to his health).

•   I have diabetes and a blood clotting disorder, but am managing it well.  The big concern now is preeclampsia (apparently, I have every risk factor).  The key is keeping my blood pressure down.  Please pray that he doesn’t come early and we (Brady and I) stay healthy until he’s ready.  

•   Speaking of ready, I am technically due on April 30th.  As long as everything is going well, I will have a planned C-section on Week 38 or 39.  That will likely be the week of April 16th. 

•   We don’t expect gifts, but I have been asked.  We did get rid of all the baby stuff and are starting from scratch.  We are registered on Amazon.com.  Here is the link....

Personally, this pregnancy is so different from Aiden.  I have started to truly enjoy this pregnancy.  I can’t wait to meet our precious boy.  We can’t even express how happy we are!  We have prayed for a family for years, but would have never even imagined we would be here today.  Thank you all!!

No comments:

Prayers from Children