Monday, August 14, 2023

Rachel G. - Eye Healing



It has now been 6 months that I was diagnosed with OM. I have had a busy 6 months, with PET scans 2 surgeries, 24/7 radiation for a week, blood tests, full body exam for skin cancer.  And a Photo Dynamic Therapy.

During this month God has been present. It has not been easy, but so many people have kept me in prayer and has been present in my life to help.

I don't know the future, this Friday, I need an ultrasound on my liver. At the end of the month my tumor will be measured again. In the middle of September, another MRI and chest xray servalance. I was overwhelmed medically on Friday but God continues to comfort me through people. 

My eye, at times, has very limited vision, like today. At times it does better. It continues to open more. the flashes are worse since my last procedure, I believe thatvis good. I think that as the tumor shrinks fluid leaks out and affects the cones and rods in my eye. This then creates the flashes when light lands on them. I also seem ti be more tired. Saturday. I just rested and then I feel lazy. Pray that I can just be still. I have to keep reminding myself that my body continues to fight the cancer in my eye.

God is still God, and he continues to give me strength.

No comments:

Prayers from Children