Friday, August 25, 2017

David L.- deployed to help

Well, I have received "the call" along with many other Salvationists.  

I will be deploying to San Antonio early Sunday to serve the victims/evacuees of Hurricane Harvey.  It should be a two week deployment.  I'll be serving people food, drinks, helping them find shelter, comforting them with a hug or a prayer: you know, all the things Jesus instructed us to do.  

I ask a favor; please pray for my Sweet Pea, Geraldine L., who will be carrying on the work of the Army here in Rogers while I'm away.  Also, pray for my congregation, the flock Jesus gave me and whom I have grown to love and, yes, covet (not in a bad way).  Pray for my Momma, Helen L.  She worries about me, too.  I'm sixty, but she still calls me "baby boy".  For the record, I do not have a problem with that. 😊

I'll do my best to keep everyone informed of our work serving others in Jesus' name.

No comments:

Prayers from Children