Friday, June 16, 2017

Michael M.- Serving in Israel

"Friends, it's hard to admit you need help some times, but I could use your prayers, if you are willing. 

I love living in Israel (I can not stress that enough) and I am so glad God has allowed me to be here, but I am worried/wondering about life direction...the future, what decisions (if any) I should be making right now, and so forth.  

I know that might sound trivial to some, but it is weighing on me. 

Ultimately, I want to live for God's glory and the Kingdom (the things and values that matter most to Him)...but some times I struggle with how to do that.

Does God want me to be here in Israel? Will He let me stay long-term? Do I need to be "practical" and move back to the States to pursue a career that will allow me to be financially responsible and raise a family one day? Do I need to have more "faith" and wait on God? Do I have responsibilities to my existing family (Mom, sister, world's cutest and best nephew!!!! who doesn't have a dad in the picture) and should I be there for them? Do I need to be proactive and already start thinking about my own future family and their needs? 

I have A LOT of questions (many more than are listed here) that I wonder about...but, I am just struggling in general, and have been for a while.

So, if you are inclined, I would love it if you would talk to the Lord about these things, for me. He already knows my thoughts and needs because we talk about them all the time, but some times you need community behind you (or at least it feels good to have one behind you) ...and I think I could really use one, being so far away from home.

So, I said it. I need help. Would you pray for/with me?

P.S. For any one that sees my pictures and thinks my life is AMAZING in Israel...it is in fact amazing and I do thank God for it...but it is also REALLY HARD. Life in Israel is not always glamorous. Spiritually, it can be really draining. Financially, it is hard to make it. Communally, it can be hard to connect and make long-term friends because people are always moving in and out of the country/area. So, I am glad if you like my photos and my posts are encouraging to you, but please know it is also hard here (but then again, I am sure it is that way for you in your life too)."

No comments:

Prayers from Children